LIMITED WARRANTY OF HARDWARE
The limited warranties provided by Lytro, Inc. (“Lytro,” “we,” or “us”) apply only to new Lytro-branded cameras and related accessory products (“Accessories” and collectively with Lytro cameras, “Lytro Products”) that you purchased in New Zealand directly from an authorized Lytro reseller for your own use, and not for resale.
Lytro warrants that the Lytro camera will be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal non-commercial use, for one (1) year from the original purchase date, and that the Accessories will be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal non-commercial use, for ninety (90) days from the original purchase date. The benefit of this warranty is in addition to other rights you have under a law in relation to the products to which Lytro’s warranty relates. Lytro products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act, unless you have purchased the product(s) for use by a business, in which case the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act does not apply. Provided that you have not purchased the product for use by a business, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Any products purchased from any authorized Lytro reseller that are not Lytro-branded products are covered by the warranty, if any, of the respective branded manufacturer together with any other guarantees to which you are entitled at law.
Our warranties do not, to the fullest extent permitted by law, apply to:
- Software, including any firmware, operating system or application software delivered to you either prior to or subsequent to delivery of the Lytro Product to you, provided that if the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act applies to your purchase, certain warranties for software may not be disclaimed;
- Any website services provided by Lytro or third parties in connection with the Lytro Product;
- Any third party products (including software) or services, included with or used with the Lytro Product, or damages to the Lytro Product caused by third party products or services;
- Damage to the surface of the Lytro Product, including cracks or scratches to the LCD display, or any other cosmetic damage;
- Damage that results from accident, abuse, misuse, neglect or any use of the Lytro Product other than for its intended use;
- Damage that results from any unauthorized attempts to open, maintain, repair or modify the Lytro Product; and
- Damage that results from the Lytro Product being subjected to abnormal physical, thermal or electrical stress, including water, dust, power fluctuations or other hazards.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, as your sole and exclusive remedy and Lytro’s entire liability under this express warranty, Lytro will, at its option, repair the Lytro Product or replace it with a comparable Lytro Product. This is not intended to limit rights available to you otherwise at law. Replacement Lytro Products and parts used to repair the Lytro Products may be new, refurbished or reconditioned. Repaired or replaced Lytro cameras are warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty period or 90 days from the date of shipment of the repaired or replacement Lytro Product, whichever is longer. Repaired or replaced Accessories are warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty period. All Lytro Products and parts that are replaced become the property of Lytro.
To claim warranty service when required you should:
- Contact the Lytro customer service contact in your country within the warranty period. To obtain contact information, refer to Lytro’s website at http://www.lytro.com/support.
- Furnish a dated proof of original purchase prior to the return of any Lytro Product for warranty service.
- Upon validation of your warranty entitlement, the Lytro customer service contact in your country will issue a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number along with return instructions. You must ship the Lytro Product to the designated location, in original or equivalent packaging within five (5) days after issuance of an RMA number. Postage and insurance to the designated location must be arranged by you. The returned Lytro Products must not have missing or altered serial numbers or other identification marks that appear on the Lytro Products as delivered.
- The Lytro customer service contact in your country will return the repaired or replacement Lytro Product to you, postage pre-paid, in New Zealand.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lytro will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any software, data or information contained in or stored on any Lytro Product. Data recovery is not included in the warranty service. Prior to shipping the Lytro camera back to the Lytro customer service contact in your country, you should download all photos and other personal information from the Lytro camera. Lytro and its agents may delete any and all such photos and other personal information without any liability.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND SUBJECT ALWAYS TO YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS SET OUT IN THE SECOND PARAGRAPH OF THIS GUARANTEE, LYTRO, OTHER MEMBERS OF ITS GROUP OF COMPANIES AND THEIR RESPECT OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER OR IN RELATION TO THIS MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ANY: (1) LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM A LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR COSTS OF OBTAINING SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR (2) ANY OTHER INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
1300 Terra Bella Avenue
Mountain View, CA, 94043, USA